Home About Erin Featured Blog Roll Advertise

Friday, December 17, 2010

Thanks Ms. Paula

I've not been very happy with the way the window looks in the kitchen for the holidays.  Are you weird like me and look at something you've decorated and think "It just needs something else.  It doesn't look right!" ?  That's how I felt about this silly window.  But, I said to myself there are more important things to worry about than a window!  But, I was at Michael's the other day and found the cutest banner from Paula Deen for $1.99!!!  I have  a strict rule, if it's under $10 and I love it, go for it!  What?  Don't you have that rule?



 Isn't it the cutest thing ever!!!?  O.k, maybe not EVER, but pretty darn cute!






I love the "Y'all" thrown in for us southern folk!


I had a few bottle brush trees leftover and dotted those around.  I found this sweet hobnail milk glass cup  for .50 at an antique mall and filled it with peppermint candy sticks.  Super simple and super cheap!



Sadly enough, it doesn't take much to make me happy!  Wait a minute, that's a good thing!  Hope everyone has a blessed day and I am off to another school Christmas partay!!!

I will be linking up here
The Shabby Nest
A Little Knick Knack
Finding Fabulous
Funky Junk Interiors

9 comments:

  1. Very very cute and what a deal. It looks awesome with your beaded garland that you had there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the same one at our Michaels the other day! They had tons and tons of them because here in Canada they just aren't that popular! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the Paula Deen "Happy Holiday y'all" sign too. You seem to have found the perfect spot for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am SO positive that if we were neighbors we'd become BFF!! i love EVERYTHING on that shelf...polkadots, milk glass, bottle brush trees, banner, garland....EVERYTHING. i keep changing things and adding things too. hard not to buy great stuff for yourself when you see it during all this christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a buck 99! that's awesome...what a cute addition to your window! ps love the peppermint twists too : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I just love that banner and it looks perfect over the window! Your kitchen looks amazing all decked out for Christmas and I just scrolled down through some of your other posts and I love how your entire kitchen looks. Love the Santa peeking out and I may even be able to do that in my own kitchen next year! You really are very talented and just have a way of putting things together to create a warm and inviting space with just the right touch of whimsy. And, you dress pretty darn cute too! :-)
    Merry Christmas!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the banner! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a native from Texas, I enjoy the "y'all" part the best! It looks fantastic--thanks for sharing!

    I hope you can join my vintage tag giveaway going on now! Merry Christmas!
    http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really does look like the perfect addition to your little shelf, & of course, Paula would add a "Y'all!"

    Loved your holiday home tour. There were some amazing homes.
    Have a Merry Christmas!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!