Home About Erin Featured Blog Roll Advertise

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas




I love this song!  "Have yourself a merry little Christmas"  was introuduced for the first time in this wonderful musical!  Did you know that?  Of course you did!



Are you a fan?  I am addicted to this movie!  I taped it on our DVR and my daughter and I watch it ALL the time!  My man will say "REALLY!? Again?"  Yes, again!  I love everything about this movie!  The songs, the wardrobe, the house, the furnishings, the people, and the story line!  I'll take a good ole musical any day!  I was at our local Costco, and came across a DVD and was instantly giddy, I had to have it!  So in my cart it went and found a permanent home in my DVD player! 



Look at this house!  Doesn't it give you a warm and fuzzy feeling?  We don't see much snow here in Texas, so we love to see pictures or movies with snow!  If you haven't seen Meet Me in St. Louis, add it to your list of holiday movies to see.  This musical takes all the seasons and blends it seamlessly!  The Halloween scene, I must say, has always creeped me out!  I think if Kailey and Ethan and a few neighborhood kids burned furniture in the streets and threw flour in neighbors faces, they would all be in juvenile hall!  I always found it rather odd.  I mean, where the heck are the parents, and do the police just take that night off so the kids can burn things!  Just sayin.   I still love the scene for all it's creepiness!  I think you will too.  Hope you have a very blessed Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. Erin,

    I too love this movie. I make it a point to not play any Christmas music or movies until AFTER Thanksgiving day. Although I haven't seen “Meet Me…” this year, I get to "cheat" w/it because technically, it isn't a Christmas movie so I get to hear all of my favorites anytime I want. I'll probably have to buy it because waiting for it to come on and DVR is taking too long.

    I think the Halloween scene is funny, especially after Esther "bops" John. Even so, my favorite scene that makes me swoon is when Esther dances around the tree w/Grandpa and comes back around w/John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie...actually not even sounding familiar to me, but I will put it on the list! We are in the middle of ANOTHER snow storm up here...so nice if you like snow...and i DO!! thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen it, but now I want to. Thanks for sharing, and you have a very nice Sunday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen this movie -I will have to see this Christmas season -and I did not know that song is from that movie -I love learning things like this -how wonderful that you and your dtg have made this a holiday tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, You too? Another one to try is The Harvey Girls also with Judy garland. Those movies are treasures. Have a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This movie is a favorite in our home! My Kaleigh (she's 22) was shocked to learn that her two roommates had not seen this movie! She promptly planned a movie night for them to watch it! She laughs and says she grew up watching musicals where as other kids were watching Barney!
    Sounds like you are Kailey are the same way! My youngest and I just watched "How to Steal a Million" with Audrey Hepburn the other day. Excellent movie - another favorite!) Afterwards she said, "This is one of the best movies I've seen from this genre!" Really! She's 13!!! I got so tickled! It warmed my heart!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!