Home About Erin Featured Blog Roll Advertise

Friday, December 3, 2010

Kailey's Painted Chest

We got this beautiful piece of furniture from my dear friend Amy.  She gave this to me for helping her build her dream home.  She knows how much I love antiques and she couldn't use this piece anymore and thought we would enjoy it.  I knew it would be perfect in Kailey's room but I really wanted to paint it black!  Gasp!!!  I asked Amy if that was o.k and she said "It's yours sweetie!  Do what you want!"  YES!!! 



It really was in excellent shape.  I didn't do any sanding at all, just primed it with my trusty primerI rolled on the black paint and it went on like butter!!!







I love it!  It really goes well with her room now.  We made the transition from little girl room to tween room 2 years ago.  Kailey and I had a lot of fun creating this room. 



I'll have to do a reveal on her room and show you all the fun things we did to make it more "grown up".  Ugh, I hate saying that!!  On that note, everyone have a blessed day!


12 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! I know some think all wood is sacred but I like it black!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful piece. I love it. Perfect for a girl's room. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job. I love it black and look forward to the room reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little lamp on her fabulous new dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks terrific! i have a room in my house where it would look great. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful piece! Looks great black! And suits the "big girl" room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous! What a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love it black - what a great change. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this website is providing the standard work, response at a budget worth. we tend to produce the nice and economical tree services. we tend to generally tend to and our services facilitate your to want the great call regrading this tree services.
    Landscaping

    ReplyDelete
  10. How to destroy a antique in less than a hour. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing such a valuable knowledge

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!