Home About Erin Featured Blog Roll Advertise

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kailey's Room

Here is Kailey's pre-teen room.  The walls are a bright sage green and we painted them 7 years ago when we first moved in.  Back then her room was shabby chic, with light pink everywhere.  When we decided to change the room, I said we are not painting the room a different color!!  She was fine with that and I think the black and white with touches of hot pink, look great with the green walls.


She painted the abstract herself in art class 2 years ago.  I love it so much and thought she did a great job for her first try!  I really need to frame it.


Her little pink tree is so sweet!  It's the perfect size.


She gets a snow globe every year for Christmas.  She is getting quite the collection.  I hope she treasures these one day when she is on her own.  The plates above the dresser are actually plastic from the picnic section at Hobby Lobby.  I paid $1 a piece!  Score!








Daddy helped us out with this project. She got this memo board as a party favor years ago from one of her friends.  They painted huge flowers and her name on it.  It was so cute and creative, but when we changed her room it didn't go anymore and stood out.  It is actually a ceiling tile.  I spray painted it black and Kailey picked out an image she liked of a chandelier and we gave it to Dad.  He free handed this!  I don't know how he does it!  It would look like a mess if I tried to do that!






This is a frame I got at Hobby Lobby for 50% off .  I got cork board and spray painted it black and my man secured it to the back of the frame for us.  Voila!  Instant memory board!


The curtains are just sheer lightly striped panels from Target.  They needed an extra punch, so I hot glued the hot pink pom pom trim to the edge.  Love it!


Another project Daddy helped with!  We keep him pretty busy.  I bought an oval canvas and painted it hot pink.  Daddy, again free handed, this K in black.  He just laid it down on a table and painted the K right on it!!!  Didn't practice, didn't trace it.  Nothing!!  Sorry, I kinda find that amazing!


Here is her reading corner.  The little bookcase behind the zebra chair is a mess!  She needs to organize in the worst way.  The little chalkboard is a cling from Target.  She loves to write messages to friends when they spend the night and decorate it for the holidays. 

I'm sure this room will change again.  Her taste are already changing.  In fact, she loves this room  from My Sweet Savannah.  It is very grown up.  Maybe when she turns 15, she can have a redo.
Now, I have to get ready for school Christmas parties, and I will be posting a yummy recipe later! Blessings!

10 comments:

  1. This is totally cute and edgy - love the green. I too love that room at Sweet Savannah. You know teenage girls - always evolving. Next week she will love all things purple.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome preteen room! I am loving the decorated tree and her collection of snow globes! I need to get in gear and finish my boys room. We have been here a year and half I have yet to finish. Thanx for the kind comments earlier!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty room! Love the color scheme....and to have a girl with cute stuff...I would not know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool room! I would have given my left arm for that when I was a teen. Love her snowglobes too. My daughter has a heavy snowglobe of Noah's Arc from her Baptism and it actually left dents in her dresser top : ( but I love it nonetheless. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. The abstract painting is absolutely THE BEST part of the room. What a talented young lady. She's a Picasso fan -- I can only surmise. Me too. I love his work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! Where did you get the K ornament on her tree? It's black and white with glitter on the edges with a little bell. I have seen these on 3 different blogs now and I want one so badly! Thanks if you respond!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great - what a fabulous room for her. I would have loved this as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn, I found the K ornament at Pottery Barn last year. But, they still sell them. I'm so glad you liked it. They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i DON'T BLOG BUT LOVE TO READ YOURS!! wHERE DID YOU GET THOSE AWESOME SHELVES HANGING ON HER WALL ? lOVE THE WHOLE ROOM! gREAT INSPIRATION!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell your husband that I am VERY impressed by his talent! :) Her room is precious.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!