Home About Erin Featured Blog Roll Advertise

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas is in the Air

Oh, I just love getting down the boxes from the attic and getting the house ready for the holidays!   I take pictures every year of the house decorated, because I can never seem to remember how everything went from the year before.  I mean come on, I can't remember if I shaved my legs last night, let alone where a snowman went.  Now yes, I set certain items in the same exact spot year after year.  But, sometimes I like to change it up and put items in different rooms.




The candy cane metal sign was purchased years ago at Target. I have a love affair with Target!  Sometime it is a shameful thing.  I can walk in that store strictly for, let's say, a birthday present, and come out with $150 bill!  I shake my fist in the air and scream "WWhhyy!!!"  Then the whole process starts over again!  Vicious!


Do you like my little book with the Christmas chapel on the front?  The old Presbyterian church was moving and they had a huge sale.  They had tons of old books and for $1 you could take as many as you wanted!  Score!



I love my new jadeite cake stand.  It was a booger to get though!  I bought it off eBay months ago, and when I opened the box is was broken in two pieces right at the base.  I was crushed!  Thank goodness for insurance. So the seller said he would send me another.  Guess what?  Yep, next one arrived broken in the same spot!!  Can you believe it!  So he refunded me my money and said to just keep them both.  So I couldn't let these gorgeous pieces of jadeite go to waste, so I researched.  We used epoxy and you can't even tell where it was broken!!!  I feel kinda guilty, because now I have two!  Hehehehe!!!




Do you remember my brown coffee filter wreath?  I thought white would be so wintry and festive!  I got the JOY ornament from Wal Mart and hot glued the tips down and used the same ribbon.  I love, love, love it!!




Both Santa's came from Marshall's.  I just couldn't pass up fat Santa! 




My sweet Aunt LaTrelle made me the gingham apron for Thanksgiving!  I adore it!


Candy canes are so easy and fun to decorate with.








Don't you just love Santa peeking out from around the pillar?  He is sparkly too, so that makes him even better.








Here is the kitchen lit up at night.  Last year I had a real tree in this spot and loved it!  We've always done fake trees, so that was a new experience.  I did not like the clean up and watering.  Just to get it in the stand you have to saw off the end.  What a mess!  To my surprise, I completely forgot I had an extra fake tree in the attic!  You're thinking "how in the heck can you forget that you have another tree!!?'  Remember, I can't remember about my shaved legs!  Anyway, I 'm glad I did remember, because it looks so pretty lit at night in that corner!
Hope you saw something you liked and if you did leave me a comment!  I truly love to hear what you have to say!  Have a blessed Thursday!

I am linking up here
Somewhat Simple
Hooked on Houses
Faded Charm
Between Naps on the Porch
The Thrifty Decor Chick
Savvy Southern Style
The Shabby Chic Cottage
A Little Knick Knack
The Shabby Nest
Fingerprints on the Fridge
The Nester
First a Dream
French Country Cottage
Funky Junk Interiors

58 comments:

  1. Great pictures and as always everything looks great. I particularly love the Santa peeking around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful, I love your style. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, your house belongs in a magazine! :o) It's just beautiful, thank you so much for sharing glimpses of your home - giving many of us great ideas :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore it all its beautiful.I feel the same way Elly where is BHG when we need them!lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Beautiful Kitchen!!! Love those glitter trees on the jadeite cake stand! where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is adorable with the halls decked. My favorite is the two fat Santas. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love it anytime you show pictures of your house. We have very similar taste in colors and decorating items. I love your jadeite, the red touches, the tin things (candy cane sign, spice containers), your painted cabinets that look just like mine in my last house and even your granite is the same. I never miss a post. I wish we could just sit down and have a chat about decorating. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cake stand too! Gorgeous. Your kitchen looks amazing for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fatso santas..but I really love that wall one coming out...Love him! great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love Marshalls...and HomeGoods...and TJ Maxx...Target...(Ok, that's enough!)
    You've done a beautiful job in your kitchen!
    I have a VERY similar light fixture over my table. We've lived here almost 5 years and I've been meaning to do something cute to the shades! I can't decide what to do! Yours are very cute!
    Thanks for sharing this great space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a charming room! I love all the little things hidden around... but that Santa head peaking around would freak the cr*p out of me every time I walked in the room! (I'd keep forgetting he was there and think there was an intruder!) Maybe I've been spending too much time with my dog...
    : ) Meg

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo Christmasy, love it all, especially your little houses!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the light filtering into your wonderful breakfast room. So many lovely touches. We have a disembodied Santa head from Sweet Mister's childhood, too. Our's hangs on the front porch, and your's is a whole lot cuter. Thank you for sharing your charming designs. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your house looks so beautiful! I really love the candy cane sign in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful ideas for a cheery Christmas kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It all looks great!! Love the wreath! I still say though you should try and make one out of old piano sheet music? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the milk glass and candy canes. The Santa with more red is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for sharing your adorable kitchen at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, everything looks wonderful! My favorite is that candy cane sign. Yes, I can have the same problem in Target! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything in your home is so beautiful so many lovely touches .
    Nice jop in your kitchen and breakfast room.
    Thank you so musch for sharing your home
    Happy Holidays!!!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. i am in LOVE with your house! so super cute!
    i have a lot of similar antique things that you do....:) we have similar taste. i can tell.
    meagan was telling me about a primer you used for your cabinets (which look amazing btw) that had a sander type thing in it....i was wondering if you could tell me what that is. i'm going to be painting my cabinets next week i hope :)
    love your cake stands.
    and your hutch.
    you're too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Erin, I love how you tucked cute little Christmas items throughout your kichen and breakfast nook. Your house looks so charming and festive. Thanks for sharing!
    Hugz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely love all your little touches of Christmas. I picked up one of those same Santas at Marshall's too!! :-) I never thought about just putting some candy canes in some of my white pieces... duh!!!! Thanks for sharing. BTW, I came over from "Between Naps"... hope you'll pay me a visit as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just stopping by to say Merry Christmas and everything is just beautiful and festive!! Love the kitchen for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how you brought Christmas to every part of your kitchen. Very festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your kitchen is adorable. I love the display on the cakestand. It's all very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your kitchen is exactly what I've been dreaming of! It's beautiful! Love all the decorations too, so I just have to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You have a beautiful home...it is so magical at Christmas! I love all the pops of RED!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty! Love the jadeite stand and your pretty kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just beautiful. You gave me lots of good ideas for next Christmas! I love your style and taste. Thanks for sharing your home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Everything is gorgeous!!! I love, love, love it all! Vintage items really are the sweetest to decorate with, there is something so REAL about them.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am just blown away by that coffee filter wreath!!! Fabulous!!! You go, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow wow wow! What a beautiful home you have. I think you have a real talent to not overdo it but have just the right amount of Christmas details in your home. It looks just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just love the look and feel of kitchen. The browns, reds, and greens is the direction I'm heading. Enjoy your Christmas with family and friends in the beautiful setting!

    Kay - North Central Texas

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely! I love everything about your kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love that you have just the right amount of accents to show off your beautiful kitchen, not too much, not too little. Of course, my absolute favorite is the peeking Santa. How great is he??

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  37. Everything looks so great! Love your winter style:)

    http://craftyheartswarmhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am your newest follower! I love your kitchen. Its gorgeous! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beautiful home you have! I love the little book with the Christmas chapel on it... so, so sweet. And two pretty jadeite cake stands. Lucky you! ;) Thank you for the wonderful tour!

    ReplyDelete
  40. very pretty! i love you attention to detail, right down to the pretty tea cups in the flour cannisters! I am inpsired....
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you for a kitchen tour!!!! It's just what I was looking for. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your home. It's so charming. All your decorations are adorable and festive. Visiting from WW today :)
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  43. I LOVE your blog! I just became your latest follower. I would love you to follow me as well.
    http://happytobe-the6ofus.blogspot.com/

    Do you have a tutorial for your coffee filter wreath? That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your stuff! The red and white are just perfect in that wonderful kitchen! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. absolutely loved the tour! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your kitchen and your decorations! A kitchen re-do is on our to do list. I got several ideas from what you have done with your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love how you have each and every item in the perfect spot. Call me crazy, but your simplest decoration is my favorite....the candy canes in the milk glass vase.

    Happy holidays....

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  48. I absolutely love your style. Your kitchen is decorated perfectly for Christmas.

    Blessings!
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful Erin- your kitchen is darling and I love all the touches- that Santa peeking out is a charmer!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday- Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love, love, love your Christmasy kitchen decor. Everything looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. So, so, pretty! You really have such a great style. Your dining room is probably my favorite room in your house and once you turned on the lights of the tree, it was magical!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Really a perfectly sweet kitchen! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  53. jaw dropping beautiful! every detail is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love your kitchen all wrapped up for Christmas...it's all so pretty. I love the colors. Makes me wish for a red and green Christmas. It's been awhile since I've done one. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I loved ALL of your decorations, but especially the peek-a-boo Santa. So cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!!