Home About Erin Featured Blog Roll Advertise

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Buttery Cornbread

This cornbread recipe is so good, it'll make you want to slap your momma!  That's southern talk for really really good!  This is a staple around my house and is so simple to throw together.  My husband says it's like cake, and I tend to agree with him!

Here is what you will need



1 stick butter-melted
1c. sugar
3 eggs
1 2/3 c. milk
2 1/3 c. flour
1 c. yellow corn meal
4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
Bake at 400
25-28 minutes until golden brown


Cream butter and sugar together



Beat in your eggs and milk


 Add remaining dry ingredients and mix well



Pour into a greased casserole dish and bake




Make sure it is crispy brown and done completely in center




Then enjoy!  We love to eat this with some yummy stew on a cold night!  I hope you love this as much as we do.  Happy Thanksgiving to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!!